Thursday 3 April 2014

Material tests

I tested out different black materials to use in the prayer room.
I want to make the walls shiny so they have a strong reflection of the candle/flame. Back walls will make the room feel small but by making them shiny it will make the room feel a bit bigger. I also tested out one matt surface to see what it would look like.

Shiny paper
(I found this paper in my art supplies and thought it had a nice shiny surface)
I decided that because the paper had a nice surface i would use it in my model. I couldn't find anymore of the paper so ended up using black vinyl which turned out to be even better.




Painted board with a raised plastic cover




Plastic wall mount
For the test i used polypropylene plastic(an ice cream container)



Foam board







No comments:

Post a Comment